Healthy Recipes ~ Vegan Coconut Curry
Vegan Coconut Curry
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli or green beans
- 1 spring onion
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 carrots
- ½ zucchini
- 2 sticks lemongrass
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp yellow curry paste (or red for hotter, green for hottest!)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 5 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lemon or lime juiced
- 1 cup basmati or whole grain rice, cooked
- ½ cup roasted cashews or peanuts
- If serving with rice, get that cooking now according to package instructions.
- Grate the sweet potato and the carrots.
- Chop the spring onion, broccoli and zucchini.
- Add the olive oil to a large pan and fry all the veg on a medium heat. This needs about 5-7 minutes.
- Next, add the curry powder and curry paste and the beaten (smack it with a heavy spoon a few times to let out the flavor) lemongrass.
- Stir and fry for another couple of minutes then add the coconut milk, chickpeas, lemon juice, maple syrup and salt. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Alright, that’s it. Take out the lemongrass. Serve with rice and top with the cashews or peanuts. Easy. Awesome.